Thursday, January 15, 2015

What Not To Wear Revalation

The past two weeks, I have been home by myself a lot. My husband started a new job. My father-in-law also decided to purchase cable for the house last week. Awesome! So, I have been watching a lot of Little House on the Prarie and What Not to Wear. 

I like seeing what they do to the larger women. One thing they said really hit home with me, because I do it all the time! They were dressing up a lady named Leeanne who said she would see someone her size in a fantastic outfit and think, "I wish I could pull that off". The hosts of the show pretty much said that if someone else your size can do it, so can you.

I have been trying to work up the courage to believe that. In the past 6 months, I have gotten a lot better at makeup and become more bold when trying new things. Step one, check. Step two, I was given an awesome curling wand. I want to learn how to do hairstyles other than ponytail and buns. And braids. As I'm working on this second step, I am also getting ready to do a no-tshirt campaign. If you remember about two weeks ago, I was able to hit a $0.25 thrift sale. I picked up a lot of awesome winter/fall tops and sweaters. My husband has appreciated the extra effort I have out into my look when we go out.

So, that's my spew for today! If you haven't seen WNTW, find it online. Their tips are great, and they help women of all sizes and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment