Sunday, March 23, 2014

In the beginning ...

Hi everyone! So, this is my very first tangle blog. My artwork has been tremendously inspired by Zentangle (even before I knew what it was). Recently, I've gotten it into my head that I want to be a CZT!! That is, a Certified Zentangle Teacher. Of course, that's about $3,500 for the flight, the seminar, the learning classes before all that ... I still have a long way to go. In the mean time, I want to share my tangles with you!!!



My Method

What I like to do is start off with 4 blank squares on my page. Then I will get on tanglepatterns.com and find a string I like (or I will create my own string.) After that, I simply browse the tangle tutorials on that site until I find one I like. When I do, I tangle!!!

When I have a full page of tangles, I get to work on my next step.




My next step is to take two pages and create two LARGE tangles. This way, I have more practice drawing them in detail on a large scale. I only have 2 rules: I can only use the new tangles I learned and drew on my minis (that's what I call my 4-square tangles), UNLESS it is the last section. In that case, I can use a tangle from ANY of my pages of minis as long as I haven't used it in a large tangle before. Why put rules to my tangles? Well, I want to learn lots of different patterns/tangles, and I feel this is the easiest way!


The numbers on the page are the string number from tanglepatterns.com. I didn't put the names of most of the tangles on my work this time, but now that I'm blogging about it, I will remember to do so! That way, its easier for you to look up that tangle's tutorial on the site.






This is how I will try and scan all my work from now on (with the tangle names and string numbers).





I am using a blue sharpie that is a regular tip and fine tip duo. The paper is some type of recycled, textured paper that I prefer over white for right now. According to the Zentangle regulations, they aren't official "Zentangle" but rather Zentangle-inspired art. Which is fine with me!



Anyways, thanks for stopping by, and please leave me a message!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment