Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Nail Art || Watermelon Nails #1


Polishes used:
Pink - Sally Hansen Hard as Nails "Mighty Mango"
Green - China Glaze "Four Leaf Clover"
Light Green - E.L.F. "Mint Cream"
Black - Revlon Nail Art Chalkboard "Study Date" (black end)



How To

This is a pretty easy look that any beginner can do. It looks awesome on every single nail or as an accent nail. I like to wear this on my ring finger nail and my thumb nail. You will want to have either a pencil, a dotting tool, or a toothpick to draw the watermelon lines and the seeds.


Step 1: Apply your base coat. In this picture, I did two coats.

Step 2: Draw a line with the darkest green. I free-handed it and it turned out fine.

Step 3: Add 3-4 seeds. I feel like 4 seeds keeps the look balanced. 
To do the seeds, put a drop of polish on a plate or plastic surface. Dip your tool (I used a dotting tool) into the polish and make a dot on your nail. Dip it a second time, and dot in the same place, this time pulling towards you. This creates a rounded triangle look.

Step 4: Add the husk lines. Using the same technique as mentioned above, make the husk lines with the light green. Instead of simply pulling up, though, make a squiggly line. You can make them as thick or thin as you want.

Step 5: Finish with a top coat.





No comments:

Post a Comment