Friday, February 13, 2015

Goodbye, Cadmar.

Back in November-ish, we found a tiny kitten in a garbage can. We took him in, cleaned him up, and tried to find him a new home. Meanwhile, we named him Cadmar (Irish for "brave warrior"). He was a tiny little bundle of energy that weighed less than a pound. Here he is in his favorite spot: under my husband's beard.



Well, with us moving to Cincinnati in July (or mybe sooner), we had to try harder to find him a new home. I called all my friends and had no luck. I called people I barely knew and had no luck. Finally, someone stopped by my house to pick up some things they had bought from me. They ended up taking my now teenage, obnoxious, toothy bundle of fur and claws home with them. It was a bittersweet moment: I hate giving up animals I am attached to, but Cadmar was starting to become a menace to my other animals. Plus, I didn't have room in my car for a cocker spaniel and three carriers on a three-day car trip. Either way, bittersweet. So, here are a few favorite pictures of him. He grew so fast! 






I am glad I was able to save him from dying that day, but I wish he had learned more manners while living with me. Goodbye, Cadmar, and good luck you crazy, lovey thing!




10 comments:

  1. Hi there Young Mrs Healthy and thank you so much for your visit and sweet comments !

    Cadmar looks quite mischievous in the last pictures :)
    I hope he likes his new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mischievous is probably his middle name! He is going to be a huge cat, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. Such a cutie! He's so lucky to have crossed your path!
    Thank you for your adorable comment Miss!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a lot cuter when he was little ;)

      And absolutely! Maybe our paths will cross more often :D

      Delete
  3. Such a cute cat :D

    http://putrivalentinalim.blogspot.com/2015/02/age-is-just-number-maturity-is-choice.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes he is! He was so tiny when we got him ... not even a pound ... but when he got bigger, boy was he a scoundrel!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I would have a hard time letting go of him too!!!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was better for him, which made it a little easier, but its still no walk in the park. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful cat :) we have a cat called Tinie who is a bit spoilt but loves to sleep in the middle of the bed haha x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My big cat will claw at the blankets until you let him under them with you. All cuddling has to be in his terms, but add a blanket or pillow or sweatshirt to the mix... and watch out lol.


      -Anastasia Ivy

      Delete